One of the most common cancers affecting adults, mostly men, is bladder cancer. Though it can happen at any age it usually affects older adults.
It is in the urothelial cells (that line inside of your bladder) that bladder cancer often starts. This type of cancer can occur in other parts of the urinary tract drainage system as well, although it is most common in the bladder.
Bladder cancer is highly treatable if detected at an early stage. However, people will need follow-up tests for years after the Bladder Cancer Treatment because it may recur in the bladder.
- Painful urination
- Hematuria (Blood in urine)
- Pelvic pain
Your urine may appear cola coloured or bright red if you have hematuria. At times there won’t be any colour change but during a microscopic exam of the urine, blood may be detected.
Other symptoms include:
- Frequent urination
- Back pain
But, these symptoms are not often signs of bladder cancer.
When to see a doctor
Make an appointment with your doctor for a checkup if you have blood in your urine.
- Tumor on the bladder
- wall Bladder cancer
Bladder cancer develops when cells in the bladder begin to grow abnormally. These cells develop mutations that cause them to grow out of control rather than grow and divide in an orderly way. A tumor is formed from these abnormal cells.
Causes of bladder cancer include:
- Tobacco use and smoking
- Working in a job that exposes you to chemicals
- Exposure to radiation in the past
- Parasitic infections
You can take steps to help reduce your risk of bladder cancer although there’s no guaranteed way to prevent it. For instance:
Don't smoke. When you smoke cancer-causing chemicals get inside your bladder. To help you stop smoking you can talk to your doctor. To help you quit smoking there are methods, medications and support groups.
Around chemicals take caution. Follow all safety instructions to avoid exposure if you work with chemicals.
Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. Include different colours of vegetables and fruits in your diet. Your cancer risk will be reduced owing to the presence of antioxidants in fruits and vegetables.
Bladder cancer care at Guru Hospital
At Guru Hospital Madurai, you have access to:
- Specially trained surgeons to treat bladder cancer: To impart treatment that is tailor-made to fit your specific needs they have the expertise and have undergone additional training.
- The latest in bladder cancer treatment: To improve chances of a positive outcome, Guru Hospital uses the newest technology. For many people suffering from invasive cancer, a surgical procedure to construct a new bladder inside the abdomen is an option.
- A range of treatments: To review all your options, doctors at Guru Hospital will work with you. For people with bladder cancer, a range of treatments like radiation therapy, surgery, and chemotherapy are available.
For queries, log onto https://www.cancer-treatment-madurai.com/online-appointment.html